Namık Kemal University and University ,,St.Kliment Ohridski“-Bitola
2nd International Symposium on Traditional Foods from Adriatic to Caucasus
Drim Hotel in Struga/Macedonia (Ohrid Lake)
24-26th October 2013
Call for papers
It is aimed to provide a multinational platform where the traditional foods can be presented and discussed in a friendly environment with the aim to create interactive network. Prospective presenters are encouraged to submit abstracts for posters and oral presentations. Abstracts should be in English. For further information on how to submit your abstracts, please check the Abstract Submission section on our website. For registration and submission, please refer to the Submission Guideline. While we are learning about the traditional foods of different cultures from Adriatic to Caucasus, we can enjoy the Macedonia’s spectacular peaks, lakes and rivers. We organize a daily trip to Bitola-Skopje and you can check the details from our website.
We would like to invite you to share your experiences and information with academicians and professionals.
Deadline for the submission of Papers: June 01, 2013
Deadline for the early Registration: August 15, 2013
- Traditional Cereal Foods
- Traditional Meat, Poultry and Fishery Products
- Traditional Dairy Products
- Traditional Fruit and Vegetable Foods
- Traditional Sweet Products
- Other Traditional Foods
- Social Aspects of Food and Nourishment
|1st Call||February 01, 2013|
|Deadline for the submission of Papers||June 01, 2013|
|Announcement of the accepted Papers||July 15, 2013|
|Deadline for the early Registration||August 15, 2013|
|Announcement of the Symposium Programme||September 15, 2013|
|SYMPOSIUM||October 24-25, 2013|
|Daily Trip (Bitola and Skopje)||October 26, 2013|
- Symposium will be held in Drim Hotel /Struga-Macedonia (Ohrid Lake).
Service: HB – Half Board
Rates: 31.00 € per person per night in double superior room
*Supplement for single room +30%
The given rates are inclusive of: breakfast, dinner, parking, internet (wireless in the lobby area and in the rooms), VAT, tourist tax and insurance, welcome drink.
Daily Tour Information
Daily Tour Programme*
Tour Date: 26 October, 2013
Tour Route: Struga-Ohrid-Bitola-Skopje-Struga
- Departure from Drim Hotel : 7:30 a.m.
- Arrival in Bitola: 9:00 a.m ( Atatürk Museum )
- Departure from Bitola: 10:30 a.m
- Arrival in Skopje: 13:00
- Free time in Skopje (lunch and shopping in the city center): 13:00-15:00
- City tour in/around Skopje : 15:00-18:00
- During the city tour, you will get the general impression of city’s long history, completed by walks through old part of Skopje – visit of the Church St. Spas, Fortress Kale, Old Bazaar, Mustapha Pasha Mosque, the Turkish baths (Davut Pasha Hamam and Cifte Hamam), Kursunli An and Suli An.
- Departure to Drim Hotel: 18:00. Arrival at 20:30
*Daily Tour will be with high class busses and tour guide.
*The tour price per person is 25 euros with entrance fees included (for the whole tour).
*Lunch in Skopje is not included the tour price.
*This price is calculated on at least 200 passengers.
*Tour programme is flexible and could be changed by Symposium Organization Committee