16th INTERNATIONAL ECO-CONFERENCE® ON 7th SAFE FOOD
NOVI SAD, 26 – 29 September 2012
I N V I T A T I O N
The significance of safe food production and consumption has been widely recognized, as the risks increase of food nutritive value reduction due to its industrial production. Even in highly developed countries industrial food production brings about new threats to human health.
Various issues concerning safe food are increasingly addressed both in professional and general publics of the developed countries, while the post-socialist ones are rather lagging far behind them.
With the general aim to contribute to communicating valid knowledge and supporting exchange of opinions and experiences, and to making the knowledge actionable, the Ecological Conference® on Safe Food has been held in even years since the year 2000. The conference is planned to:
- address, on a scientific-expert level, a wide range of key issues concerning safe food production and environmental consciousness;
- discuss and assess the causes of ecological imbalance in conventional agricultural production, and the impact of various pollution sources on agricultural production at present;
- offer practical solutions, based on scientific indicators and expert opinions, to help meet actual challenges and those that lie ahead;
- present relevant proposals and suggestions for the long-term strategic programmes in food production (in the industrialized, controlled, integral, alternative and sustainable agriculture) without negative effects on human health and environment.
The Eco-conference® is open to all the issues concerning safe food, from the point of its production, to the point of consumption.
The contributions are most welcome that point out good or bad practices, while validating factors affecting food safety and quality in the following subject areas:
- Ecological factors and food production
- Correct choice of seed (genetic) material
- Status and preparation of soil as the basic substrate for the production of food and feed
- Use of fertilizers and pesticides in integrated plant protection
- Use of biologicals
- Food processing technology
- Economic aspects, marketing and packaging of safe food
The Conference will work in sessions. The final list of sessions – timing of the Conference will depend on the number of papers submitted.
The following session topics have been proposed by the Organizing Committee :
1. Climate and production of safe food.
2. Soil and water as the basis of agricultural production.
3. Genetics, genetic resources, breeding and genetic engineering in the function of producing safe food.
4. Fertilizers and fertilization practice in the function of producing safe food.
5. Integrated pest management and use of biologicals.
6. Agricultural production in view of sustainable development
7. Production of field and vegetable crops.
8. Production of fruits and grapes.
9. Lifestock husbandry from the aspect of safe food production.
10. Processing of agricultural products in the framework of safe food production.
11. Economic aspects and marketing as segments of the production of safe food.
12. Food storage, transportation and packaging.
13. Nutritional food value and quality nutrition.
14. Legal aspects of protecting brand names of safe food.
15. Ecological models and software in production of safe food.
Topics listed above should be regarded as the subject framework. Participants are kindly requested to submit only original scientific or technical papers that have not been published before and in which the practical possibilities are stressed for application of certain solutions in production of safe food.
All papers will be reviewed. Papers accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in Conference proceedings. Each participant may be the principal author of one paper alone.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGES OF THE 2012 ECO-CONFERENCE®
The Eco-Conference® official languages are Serbian and English.
Thematic collection of papers will be published in English.
– Akademik Čedomir Popov, President of Matica Srpska
– Academician Pap Endre, President of the Vojvodina Academy of Art and Science
– Prof. Dr Miroslav Vesković, Rector of the University of Novi Sad
– Prof. Dr Branko Kovačević, Rector of the University of Beograde
– Prof. Dr Vladimir M. Bautin, Rector at Russian State University MTAA,Moscow
– Prof. Dr Borislav Kobiljski, Director of the Institute for Field and Vegetable Crops in Novi Sad
– Prof. Dr Jovanka Lević, Director of the Institute for Food Technology
– Vittorio Cogliati Dezza, President of Legambiente d’ Italy
– Academician Rudolf Kastori, Academy of Science and Art of Vojvodina, Novi Sad, Serbia and Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
– Prof. dr Pavle Sekeruš, Vice-Chancellor for science at the University of Novi Sad
– Prof. dr Marko Ivetić, Vice-Chancellor for science at the University of Belgrade
– Prof. dr Evgenij Ivanovich Koshkin, Vice-Chancellor for International Co-operation at the Russian State Agrarian University – MTAA
– Dr Marija Bodroža-Solarov Scientific Associate of the Institute for Food Technology in Novi Sad
– Dr Ana Marjanović-Jeromela, Assistant Director for science at the Institute for Field and Vegetable Crops in Novi Sad,
– Stefano Ciafani, Vice-Presidente of Legambiente d’ Italy
– Academician Srbislav Denčić
– Academician Vaskrsija Janjić
– Academician Branka Lazić
– Academician Dragan Škorić
– Prof. Dr. Desanka Božidarević
– Prof. Dr. Dragi Dimitrievski
– Prof. Dr. Miodrag Dimitrijević
– Prof. Dr. Ivana Đujić
– Prof. Dr. Vladimir Hadžić
– Prof. Dr. Kadar Imre
– Prof. Dr. Ali Koç
– Prof. Dr. Milan Krajinović
– Prof. Dr. Ivana Maksimović
– Prof. Dr. Dragutin Mihailović
– Prof. Dr. Rodoljub Oljača
– Prof. Dr. Hrvoje Pavlović
– Prof. Dr. Mihailo Peruničić
– Prof. Dr. Nebojša Ralević
– Prof. Dr. Atila Salvai
– Prof. Dr. Marija Škrinjar
– Prof. Dr. Radmila Šovljanski
– Prof. Dr. Ion C. Ungureanu
– Prof. Dr. Ljubo Vračar
– Prof. Dr. Momčilo Vukićević
– Prof. Dr. Lu Zhongmei
– Мr.Sc. Marija Ševar
– Nikola Aleksić, Director of the Ecological Movement of Novi Sad
– Angelo Mancone, Co-ordinator Legambiente Veneto, Rovigo, Italy
– Ana Perenić, Organizer of the Ecological Movement of Novi Sad
– Ljubica Aleksić, Organizer of the Ecological Movement of Novi Sad
– Luka Vujasinović, Organizer of the Ecological Movement of Novi Sad
– Milan Vurdelja, Rector’s Office, University in Novi Sad
– Biljana Grba, Deputy Director of the Ecological Movement of Novi Sad
– Dušan Dozet, Scientific Institute for Field and Vegetable Crops in Novi Sad
– Mr Slađana Đuranović
– Marina Samsonov
– Mr Jelena Šogorov, Faculty for European Political and Legal Studies
– Željko Štrbac, Student of Faculty of Technical Sciences in Novi Sad
Participation fee per paper is 100 €. Payable by the first author.
Participation fee after June 1st per paper is 200 €.
Participants (attendants) pay the participation fee in the same amount.
The participation fee implies that the following is provided for the authors of papers and participants (attendants):
- Eco-conference® 2012 Proceedings with papers printed in whole, in English
- daily meals (lunches) in an exclusive restaurant,
- refreshments during the working part of the Eco-conference® 2012 and
Participation in a variety of accompanying cultural events:
- Nature preservation exhibition
- Theatre performance
- Official banquet
- Field excursion (lunch included)
Participation fee is to be paid to the foreign currency account of the Ecological movement of Novi Sad :
Beneficiary: Ekoloski pokret Novog Sada
Vojvodjanskih Brigada 17
21000 Novi Sad
Account with: RAZVOJNA BANKA VOJVODINE A.D. NOVI SAD
Branch address: Strazilovska st. 2
City: Novi Sad
Please send us application form as soon as possible.
May 31st, 2012 – deadline for submission of papers
August 31st, 2012 – deadline for the payment of participation fee
Papers for which the participation fee is not paid within the above-mentioned deadline shall not be published in the Proceedings of the Eco-conference® 2012